Dobro došli na stranice Saveznog ministarstva vanjskih poslova
Working Holiday Programme
What exactly is the Working Holiday Programme?
Working Holiday Programmes exist with Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan and Uruguay.
Due to the need for implementation measures on a national level, the arrangement with Brazil is not yet in effect.
The programmesʹ purpose is to give young people aged between 18 and 30 the opportunity to gain an insight into the culture and daily life of the partner country. The maximum length of stay is 12 months. Holiday jobs may be taken on to help finance the stay.
Citizens of Australia, Israel, Japan and New Zealand can apply for a residence permit at every German foreign mission or, after their arrival, at the competent foreigners authority in Germany.
Citizens of Argentina, Chile and Uruguay can apply for a residence permit at every German foreign mission authorized to issue visas.
Citizens of the Republic of Korea can apply for a residence permit only at the Embassy in Seoul, while citizens of Taiwan can do this exclusively at the German Institute in Taipei.
Owing to the special status of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, required visas may only be applied for at the Consulate General in Hong Kong. The applicants need to have their residence in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Citizens of Brazil will be able to apply for the required residence permit solely at the German foreign missions in Brazil.
More information can be found on the website of the respective German embassy of the country where the applicant has his/her citizenship or of the country which has signed a bilateral agreement with Germany).
Please make sure to apply for an appointment before coming to our embassy: https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?request_locale=de&locationCode=zagr
To submit your application, please arrive at the foreign mission in person at the time of your appointment. The foreign mission will collect your complete application documents and the fee, ask you questions about your intended stay as well as record your photo that you brought with you and your Fingerprints.
Visa application processing is subject to a EUR 75 fee, to be paid upon submitting the application. If a visa has been refused or the applicant has withdrawn their application, the fee will not be refunded.
There is no legal entitlement to the issuance of a visa, even if the complete documentation has been submitted. A stay in Germany under the Working Holiday Programme is granted only once. If you have already received a Working Holiday Visa for Germany in the past, you will not be able to apply for it again.
Processing time for your application is a minimum of ten working days.
A careful planning and filing of your application in your country of residence is recommended.
Applicants will be informed via e-mail once the application has been processed and is ready for pickup.
Please be informed that questions during the processing period cannot be answered.
Application Documents (please submit in duplicate)
- Two fully completed and signed application forms
- Passport (valid for the entire intended duration of your stay in Germany)
- Two passport photos (not older than 6 months) with a white background (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Evidence of sufficient funds: the applicantʹs personal bankbook, with a minimum amount equivalent to EUR 2,000
- A letter of motivation and supporting documents / information about your intended stay in Germany
- Argentinian criminal record certificate not older than 3 months (if you do not reside in Argentina, please submit your criminal record certificate from the country of your current residence) not translated
- Curriculum vitae (in English, German or Croatian)
- Adequate insurance coverage: Evidence of health insurance valid in Germany, with included coverage of hospital treatment and return transport to the respective country of origin (minimum coverage sum of EUR 30,000). The insurance coverage must be valid for the entire duration of your intended stay in Germany. Please refer to an insurance company of your choice.